The stack splint is a finger splint used for immobilisation of the fingertips or phalanx and for treatment of extensor tendon injuries. The principle of the stack splint is based on the hyperextension of the terminal phalanges. The stack splint is perforated and thus helps prevent maceration; however, the splint should ideally be lined with thin felt and/or the finger should be covered with a tubular bandage. Since the stack splint is made of thermoplastic acrylic resin plastic, it can be shaped in hot water or by careful heating over a flame in order to meet the anatomical conditions.
- Stack splint made of thermoplastic acrylic resin plastic
- Can be fixed in place with plaster strips or velcro (not included)
- Reshaping over a flame or in hot water
- 1 pc.
The stack splint is available in several sizes:
- Size 1 – finger circumference 4,5cm
- Size 2 – finger circumference 5cm
- Size 3 – finger circumference 5,5cm
- Size 4 – finger circumference 6cm
- Size 5 – finger circumference 6,5cm
- Size 6 – finger circumference 7,5cm
- Size 7 – finger circumference 8cm