Prontosan wound irrigation solution from B. Braun to support wound healing
- Sterile, ready-made solution
- Creates a healing wound environment
- Absorbs wound odour
- Shelf life: up to 8 weeks after opening
- Available in different sizes
- Treatment and moistening of chronic wounds
- Treatment of acute wounds
- Removal of fibrin dressings
- Instillation in vacuum therapy
Prontosan Wound Irrigation Solution
The prontosan irrigation solution from B. Braun is a sterile, ready-to-use solution that is used to remove wound coatings and old dressings as well as eliminating wound odour. Prontosan created a healing environment for the wound and is compatible with many modern wound care products. Since the wound irrigation solution is also approved for repeated, long-term use, it can even be used with chronic wounds.
- Prontosan wound irrigation solution
- Sterile and ready-to use
- Contains polihexanide and decylenamidopropyl
- Dermatologically safe
- Gently removes remnants of old dressings
- Absorbs wound odour
- Suitable for repeated and long-term use
- Creates a wound healing environment
- Compatible with modern care products
- Shelf life of up to 8 weeks after opening
- Size: 1x 350 ml wash bottle or 24x 40 ml ampoules
- Rinses, cleanses and moistens chronic wounds
- For rinsing and cleansing acute wounds, burn wounds and grafts from donor areas
- Gentle removal of fibrin layers and wound dressings
- Suitable for instillation in vacuum therapy
Prontosan can be used to clean and treat both chronic and acute wounds.
The exposure time of a wound irrigation solution recommended by the manufacturer is not comparable to that of a disinfectant. Nevertheless, some information can be given on the application and prior soaking or rinsing of the wound. Irrigation is for example recommended for dirty, lightly exuding wounds. Heavily exuding, chronic and infected wounds on the other hand, should be soaked for 10 - 15 minutes prior to mechanical cleansing.
Scientific studies prove the antimicrobial effect of Prontosan® (López-Rojas et al. In vitro activity of a polyhexanide–betaine solution against high-risk clones of multidrug-resistant nosocomial pathogens. Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin. 2016. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0213005X16000781; Accessed 13.05.2020). In addition, the tolerability of the wound irrigation solution was confirmed in a comparative study (Bellingeri et al. Effect of a wound cleansing solution on wound bed preparation and inflammation in chronic Wounds: a single-blind RCT. J Wound Care 2016; 25: 3, 160-168. www.bbraun.com/en/products/b/prontosan-wound-irrigationsolution.html).