Leukosilk adhesive tape for sensitive skin, with high tensile strength
- Roll tape for sensitive skin
- Made from white acetate silk
- Skin friendly
- Available in various widths
- To secure all kinds of dressings
- To secure catheters, tubes, probes or needles
Leukosilk Adhesive Tape
Leukosilk is a white adhesive tape with polyacrylate adhesive. The backing material is made of cellulose acetate and has high tensile strength. Thanks to these properties, Leukosilk plaster tape is particularly suitable for patients with sensitive skin.
- Leukosilk adhesive tape
- Made from white acetate silk, skin-friendly
- For sensitive skin
- Without guard ring
- Good instant and permanent adhesion
- Can be easily teared by hand, even lengthwise
- Painlessly removed without residue
- X-ray permeable
- Can be easily written on
- Thermostable from -40 to +70°C
- Roll length: 5 meters
- Pack contents vary by width (1.25 cm: 24 Pcs.; 2.5 cm: 12 Pcs.; 5 cm: 6 Pcs.)
The adhesive tape from BSN is the first to feature rollers and guard rings made from an innovative material mix with an antimicrobial component, that actively fights pathogens like MRSA and prevents their growth.
Areas of Application for Leukosilk
Leukosilk plaster tape is used for securing dressings of all types and sizes. It is also suitable for fastening and securing tubes, catheters, probes and needles.
Useful Tips for Handling Adhesive Tapes
- The most important prerequisite for applying the tape is the condition of the skin. It must be intact, dry and clean to ensure reliable adhesion.
- To prevent skin irritation, it is also important to make sure, that the disinfectant has evaporated completely before applying the patch. Otherwise, redness and inflammation may occur.
- When applying the tape, it is important to not apply it under tension, as this might cause the skin to tear. When removing the tape, it should always be pulled off in the direction of hair growth. Softening the tape with rubbing alcohol beforehand will make its removal easier.
Manufacturer: BSN medical
The tape from BSN is made of woven textile fabrics, consisting of a right-angled crossing thread system. This type of weave guarantees a particularly high load bearing capacity.
The one-component adhesive component remains neutral in proximity of rubber and plastics and its adhesive strength is maintained at temperatures from -40°C to +70°C. It is also radiotransparent and hypoallergenic.