The iC1 from Heine is a dermatoscope that is used with an iPhone and the free iC1 app for professional skin examinations. The aspherical lens system and the high-quality iPhone camera help the iC1 deliver razor sharp images that allow for reliable diagnosis of various skin alterations. With up to 40x magnification, even the finest details can be examined and documented so that even the slightest of changes can be noted in follow-up exams.
The LED HQ illumination is built into the Heine iC1. The carefully selected LEDs provide balanced illumination over the light source's entire lifespan, from the first to the last day. Furthermore, the illumination between devices and the iC1 series are comparable; therefore, it makes no difference as to which device you are using with the iC1 dermatoscope.
The iC1 is equipped with a toggle function that switches it between polarised and non-polarised light at the push of a button. This way, the so-called «blink signs» are visible which are shown on blood vessels and crystalline structures.
Transform Your iPhone into a Dermatoscope
The Heine iC1 is delivered with an adapter case with which you can quickly connect your dermatoscope with your iPhone. Of course, it is also possible to change the adapter case, so that you can use the dermatoscope with another iPhone model.
Adapter cases are currently available for the following devices:
iPhone 7/8, iPhone 6/6s, iPod touch 6th Generation, iPhone 5s/SE.
Adapter Case for the iC1 Dermatoscope
The iC1 App - More Than Just a Management Programme
The free iOS app for the iC1 dermatoscope allows you to save recordings, make notes on them, send them and arrange them on a body map.
Within the app, new patients' data, like their names, birth dates and genders, can be manually input within seconds. Thanks to the practical search function, previously input patient profiles can be found in the blink of an eye. The app's recording function is designed so that it can be used with a single hand. Zooming in and out is done with a single finger, allowing one to comfortably hold the iPhone with the adapted iC1 during the exam.
In order to guarantee the best possible documentation, the recording can be connected with the part on the body map where the skin change is located. Furthermore, you also have the possibility to save a brief comment on each recording. Naturally, files can be forwarded to another doctor via email if this is necessary regarding an operation.
- Heine iC1 dermatoscope
- For use with an iPhone (please select the compatible adapter)
- With aspherical optical system
- Up to 40x magnification (5x-15x via the Heine lens and up to 40x via the iPhone screen)
- High colour rendition index
- Glass contact plate with scale (replaceable as necessary)
- Durable and robust
- Effective warmth management
- Great light strength
- 4 high power LEDs (LED HQ)
- Colour temperature: 5,000 K
- Typical CRI ≥ 80
- LED lifespan of approx. 100,000 hours
- With toggle function (switch between polarised and non-polarised light with the push of a button)
- The free iC1 app can be downloaded via the app store
- Lithium-polymer battery (USB charging function)
- With charge level display
- Approx. 3.5 hours of run time with fully charged battery
- Fully charges in only 2.5 hours
- Ideal for dermatologists and GPs
- Smartphone case can be switched out
- Weight: approx. 140 g
- Delivered incl. USB cable with medically approved wall plug
- 5 year warranty (after registering the device at www.heine.com within 6 months from the purchase date)