Octenisept Antiseptic for Wound Disinfection
Octenisept from Schülke & Mayr is a modern, broad-spectrum and painless wound antiseptic for use on skin and mucous membrane. The means of application for disinfecting wounds are diverse, as Octenisept can be sprayed from a spray pump, poured, or even applied with a swabbing technique. Wound irrigations can also be carried out with an Octenisept solution. This wound treatment and cleaning agent is ready to use and a dilution of 50% is recommended when being used for full-body washing of MRSA patients.
Product Details for Octenisept
- Octenisept antiseptic for wound disinfection
- Good tolerability with skin and mucous membrane
- Fast-acting wound disinfection (starts working within just 1 minute)
- Pharmaceutically active antiseptic ingredients: Octenidinhydrochloride (octenidine), phenoxyethanol
- Free of phenol and iodine
- Applicable for use with children, infants and newborns without limitations
- No systemic side effects
- Improved wound healing via antiseptic ingredients
- Available with and without spray pump
- Dosage form: solution
- Manufacturer: Schälke & Mayr
Areas of Application for Octenisept
- Wound cleaning
- Treatment of chronic, traumatic, acute and surgical wounds
- Prior to treatment and operations in the anogenital and urogenital regions
- Prior to operations in the oral region
- Pre-operative skin antiseptic in areas close to the mucous membrane (before incisions, for example)
- Full-body antimicrobial washing to protect against MRSA
Spectrum of Efficacy for Octenisept:
- Bacteria (including MRSA, E.coli, pseudomonas aeruginosa, chlamydia and mycoplasma)
- Fungi (e.g. candida albicans) and yeasts
- Protozoa (trichomonads)
- Viruses (including Herpes simplex, HBV, HCV and HIV)
Octenisept from Schülke & Mayr is available in various sizes for spray or swab application. This mucous membrane antiseptic for painless wound disinfection, wound irrigation and wound treatment can be purchase for a great low price from Praxisdienst! In our online shop, you will also find a large selection of other skin antiseptics and disinfectants.
Yes, it is no problem to use Octenisept for wound cleaning or irrigation on infants and newborns.
You can use a 50% Octenisept solution for an antimicrobial full-body wash. Please note the activation time of 2 minutes.
Based on the physiological and anatomical characteristics of oral mucous membrane, Octenisept is best applied with a swabbing technique. The mucous membrane is generously applied with a swab soaked with the wound disinfectant. The activation time in the oral cavity using the swabbing technique is 2 minutes.
No, the manufacturer notes that Octenisept is not suited for nasal irrigation!
The preparation can also be applied in a frozen state and does not lose its germ-reducing efficacy. Use in a frozen state is conceivable for phlegmons or erysipelas, for example.
The antiseptic ingredients in Octenisept are octenidine (octenidine-dihydrochloride) and phenoxyethanol.
Depending on the type of germ and area of application, the manufacturer recommends an activation time allowance between 30 seconds and two minutes.
Octenisept from Schülke & Mayr is available from Praxisdienst in sizes of 50 ml, 500 ml and 1 L. The 50 ml spray bottle is equipped with a spray nozzle.
In order to prevent possible tissue damage, the preparation must not be injected into the tissue.
5 of 5 Stars
5 Stars (31)
Simply very professional service. thx