Octenisept Antiseptic for Wound Disinfection
Octenisept from Schülke & Mayr is a modern, broad-spectrum and painless wound antiseptic for use on skin and mucous membrane. The means of application for disinfecting wounds are diverse, as Octenisept can be sprayed from a spray pump, poured, or even applied with a swabbing technique. Wound irrigations can also be carried out with an Octenisept solution. This wound treatment and cleaning agent is ready to use and a dilution of 50% is recommended when being used for full-body washing of MRSA patients.
Product Details for Octenisept
- Octenisept antiseptic for wound disinfection
- Good tolerability with skin and mucous membrane
- Fast-acting wound disinfection (starts working within just 1 minute)
- Pharmaceutically active antiseptic ingredients: Octenidinhydrochloride (octenidine), phenoxyethanol
- Free of phenol and iodine
- Applicable for use with children, infants and newborns without limitations
- No systemic side effects
- Improved wound healing via antiseptic ingredients
- Available with and without spray pump
- Dosage form: solution
- Manufacturer: Schülke & Mayr
Areas of Application for Octenisept
- Wound cleaning
- Treatment of chronic, traumatic, acute and surgical wounds
- Prior to treatment and operations in the anogenital and urogenital regions
- Prior to operations in the oral region
- Pre-operative skin antiseptic in areas close to the mucous membrane (before incisions, for example)
- Full-body antimicrobial washing to protect against MRSA
Spectrum of Efficacy for Octenisept:
- Bacteria (including MRSA, E.coli, pseudomonas aeruginosa, chlamydia and mycoplasma)
- Fungi (e.g. candida albicans) and yeasts
- Protozoa (trichomonads)
- Viruses (including Herpes simplex, HBV, HCV and HIV)
Octenisept from Schülke & Mayr is available in various sizes for spray or swab application. This mucous membrane antiseptic for painless wound disinfection, wound irrigation and wound treatment can be purchase for a great low price from Praxisdienst! In our online shop, you will also find a large selection of other skin antiseptics and disinfectants.
Yes, it is no problem to use Octenisept for wound cleaning or irrigation on infants and newborns.
You can use a 50% Octenisept solution for an antimicrobial full-body wash. Please note the activation time of 2 minutes.
Based on the physiological and anatomical characteristics of oral mucous membrane, Octenisept is best applied with a swabbing technique. The mucous membrane is generously applied with a swab soaked with the wound disinfectant. The activation time in the oral cavity using the swabbing technique is 2 minutes.
No, the manufacturer notes that Octenisept is not suited for nasal irrigation!
The preparation can also be applied in a frozen state and does not lose its germ-reducing efficacy. Use in a frozen state is conceivable for phlegmons or erysipelas, for example.
The antiseptic ingredients in Octenisept are octenidine (octenidine-dihydrochloride) and phenoxyethanol.
Depending on the type of germ and area of application, the manufacturer recommends an activation time allowance between 30 seconds and two minutes.
Octenisept from Schülke & Mayr is available from Praxisdienst in sizes of 50 ml, 500 ml and 1 L. The 50 ml spray bottle is equipped with a spray nozzle.
In order to prevent possible tissue damage, the preparation must not be injected into the tissue.
Octenisept® is colourless.
According to the manufacturer, the following extremely rare side effects can occur when the product is used superficially: burning, redness, itching and warm sensations. In case of doubt, please contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Yes, this is possible. The preparation does not attack the catheter or probe material, allowing antiseptic care of the skin surrounding the entry point. However, it must be ensured that excess disinfectant can dry off freely.
5 of 5 Stars
5 Stars (71)
The best product I've ever used! Thank you!
The best product I had. Perfect!!
Perfect. Been using for three years.
Simply very professional service. thx