Troponin I Test
The troponin I test detects cardiac troponin I (c TnI), providing proof of a myocardial infarction.
- High sensitivity and specificity (>99% for troponin I)
- Now even easier as reagents are no longer required
- Reliable results within 10 minutes
- Diagnostic tool to supplement ECGs
- Samples are easy to take: whole blood, serum, plasma
Whereas troponin is found in all muscle cells in the body, troponin I is found exclusively in the heart muscle. This is where the troponin I test comes in.An infarction destroys heart muscle cells and releases troponin I, which is detected by the troponin I test. A positive troponin I test is, therefore, a quick and easy additional tool for diagnosing a myocardial infarction, which an ECG only picks up on in 50-70% of all cases.
The test principle is tried and tested: cTnI antibodies are added to the test membrane, react with the cardiac troponin I in the sample and colour the test line pink. The fact that cTnI is exclusively found in heart cells and the fact that troponin I test is highly sensitive (>99%) to this protein makes the test results even more reliable.
- Ensure that troponin I test is at room temperature
- Take sample (whole blood, serum or plasma)
- Place 2-3 drops of the sample on the troponin I test
- Read the results after 10 minutes
Delivery Contents: 20 troponin I test cassettes, disposable pipettes and 1 instruction leaflet.
5 of 5 Stars
5 Stars (1)