DuraShock™ DS 54 Sphygmomanometer
With the DuraShock DS 54, Welch Allyn offers an affordable, functional aneroid sphygmomanometer, equipped with a robust mechanism and the tried and tested DuraShock™ measuring element.
DuraShock is a transmission-free, shockproof technology for blood pressure monitors, offering decisive advantages:
- Long-lasting measurement accuracy without the need for constant recalibration guarantees precise readings
- Long-life units
- The device remains calibrated, even after falling from 76 cm
- 5-year guarantee on the measuring element
- DuraShock DS 54 Sphygmomanometer
- Welch Allyn Bronze series
- Especially suited for large animals (from dogs and larger)
- Conforms to the AAMI specification for shock-resistance
- 50 mm large scale
- With knurled-head screw for air release
- Incl. flexible connection tube for inflatable cuffs
- Inflatable cuff not included
The DuraShock DS 54 Bronze Line Sphygmomanometer comes with a connection tube and case, but without an inflatable cuff.
The DuraShock DS 54 is used for auscultatory blood pressure readings, which can also be used on animals. The ability to take an auscultatory blood pressure reading depends on the anatomy and size of the animal. Generally, it is used on animals between the sizes of a medium dog and a horse. In theory, it can also be used on smaller animals, such as cats, with an appropriate inflatable cuff, but there is the possibility that the signals from the animal aren't strong enough to record a value via the inflatable cuff. Is displays the oscillatory blood pressure measurement.
As in human medicine, auscultatory blood pressure monitoring can be performed using the Welch Allyn DuraShock DS 54, for example. An inflatable cuff and a flat stethoscope are required to hear the Korotkoff sounds and to record the values as diastolic and systolic blood pressure.