HK Pregnancy Detector for Cows
The HK pregnancy detector for cows is a simple ultrasound machine for the immediate diagnosis of pregnancies without a transrectal examination. It gives the rancher an early overview and prevents surprises such as false pregnancies and miscarriages.
How it works
The pregnancy detector is able to determine pregnancy using ultrasonic waves. The transponder of the handheld device is covered in oil and held against the measuring site. It reacts upon the incidence of the ultrasonic waves with the amniotic fluid; pregnancy is indicated acoustically by a persistent, clear beep, and visually via a red light on the device.
- HK pregnancy detector for cows
- For easy detection/monitoring of a pregnancy
- Easy to operate, even without prior experience
- Can be used from the 90th day following insemination
- Ideal for use between the 120th and 240th days after insemination
- Examination time is usually under 30 seconds
- No unpleasant rectal examinations necessary
- Examination is completely risk-free
- Handheld device, can be attached to a belt - leaving hands free
- No annoying power cable
- Robust finish, sturdy plastic housing
- Supplied with test body for regular test measurements
- Powered by 4x 1.5 Volt AA batteries
- Battery caution light
- Dimensions: 16.5 x 9 cm
- Weight: 525 g (with bag 1.2 kg)
- Manufacturer's warranty: 24 month
The HK pregnancy detector for cows is supplied with a test body for regular test measurements.
If the probe is held incorrectly, there is a possibility of the ultrasonic waves hitting the bladder, leading to a false-positive diagnosis. It is always useful to perform a control scan 2-3 days later, as well as to practise on known pregnant and non-pregnant cows.
The HK pregnancy detector can diagnose a pregnancy after 90 days with over 90% reliability when used correctly. It is recommended to use it starting from the 120th day, as this increases reliability.
A pregnancy test with this Rheintechnik device is very easy to perform and doesn't require any expensive tools or long training periods. The examination time is usually less than 30 seconds. The only thing required, in addition to the HK pregnancy detector, is a clean oil that is to be applied to the transponder head. A quick control scan should be performed with the supplied test body before each pregnancy examination.
Oil and dirt should be thoroughly removed from the transponder and device after each use. Warm water can be used to clean the probe, and a clean, dry cloth for the device.