- Absorbable suture
- Twisted multifilament
- Made from natural, treated bovine collagen
- Dark brown
- High tensile strength
- Completely absorbed after approximately 90 days
- Approximately 50% of tensile strength still remains after 14 days
- Quicker in inflamed tissues and with high proteolytic concentrations
- Absorption through phagocytosis
Catgut chrome is an absorbable suture manufactured from bovine intestines.
It goes without saying that Catgut chrome is only manufactured from bovine intestines that come from countries and animal populations that are guaranteed free from BSE.
Due to its good tissue compatibility and absorbance, Catgut chrome has many uses, for instance, to close wounds, in general surgery and in visceral surgery.
Catgut chrome is valued in veterinary medicine for its many advantages:
- tissue-compatible, twisted multifilament
- high tensile strengthtissue-compatible due to natural origin
- increased absorption time due to chromium salt treatment
On Praxisdienst-VET, Catgut is available as economical spool material and in very hygienic needle-and-thread combinations of various strengths.
5 of 5 Stars
5 Stars (1)