AeroKat - Aerosol Chamber for Cats
AeroKat assists in the inhalation of aerosols by cats. This aerosol chamber is combined with a metered-dosage inhaler and can be used to treat feline asthma or chronic bronchitis.
As metered-dosage inhalers deliver medications at a very high speed of approx. 100 km/h, inhalation is not possible for animals without the aerosol chamber. The AeroKat stores the medication in the chamber and allows the cat to inhale the fine droplets naturally. The aerosol chamber separates the rough particles that are generally deposited in the mouth and nose from the fine particles that can penetrate deep into the lungs, where they are needed.
The inhalation of medicated aerosols often reduces the side effects that can be expected with the use of tablets and injections. AeroKat is therefore often recommended for the treatment of feline asthma.
Product Details for the AeroKat
- AeroKat aerosol chamber
- For feline aerosol therapy e.g. for chronic bronchitis or feline asthma
- For use with a metered-dosage inhaler (from human medicine; not included in the pack contents)
- Aerosol is pumped into the chamber and can be slowly inhaled from there
- Flow VU indicator is triggered by the movement of the animal's breathing
- AeroKat chamber made of unbreakable polymer
- Exhalation valve directs the exhaled air away from the cat
- AeroKat can be used with metered-dosage inhalers from human medicine
- Small mask diameter: 3.2 cm
- Medium mask diameter: 3.9 cm
- Delivery contents: AeroKat with 2 breathing masks (small & medium)
Using the AeroKat is quite easy. Ideally, slowly introduce the mask to the patient and place it over the nose.
After the metered-dosage inhaler is attached to the back of the AeroKat, it should be shaken gently. Press the inhaler (the aerosol now flows into the chamber) and place the AeroKat mask slowly over the animal's nose. Make sure the mask is fully closed. The movements of the flow VU indicator (green) show that the animal is breathing. Count the number of breaths and leave the mask over the cat's nose for 5-6 breaths. Follow the instructions for the inhaler medication before repeating the process.
We recommend consulting your veterinarian before using the AeroKat.
You must be logged in to post a comment for this item.
I was pleased with the easy ordering and quick delivery from this site. The product Aerokat works well - incidentally this was the least expensive of all sites to buy from. Very good value for money.