Veterinary / Nutrition / Dietary Supplements / Calves and lambs
Surlac prevents and treats calf diarrhoea. This fermented milk drink stabilises the water and electrolyte balance in calves and increases appetite. Additionally, Surlac is used as a liquid dietary food supplement and provides great support in suppressing diarrhoetic pathogens such as E. coli.
Benefits of Surlac
- Paracasein precipitates and makes the drink more digestible
- Milk offset with Surlac increases appetite and digestion
- The acids it contains repress diarrhoetic pathogens (especially E. coli)
- Thanks to Surlac, cow milk and substitutes can be alternated
- Used successfully for prevention and in cases of drinking scour
- Suitable as an addition to colostrum, milk and skim milk
- Economical in use, as Surlac is a concentrate: 1 dosage container to 2 litres milk
Dosing: acidification of colostrum for newborn calves in problem operations: immediately (!) after birth: administer 1/2 litre colostrum + 5 ml Surlac. Then administer 20ml Surlac liquid in colostrum 2x daily for a minimum of 5 days.
Surlac liquid is supplied as a concentrate in 1 litre dosing bottles.