Drenchers for Livestock
Drenchers are used in veterinary medicine for the oral administration of liquid medication, dietary supplements and the enteral administration of liquids. In our online shop, we offer a variety of drenchers for livestock.
Treat Animals with Drenchers
The word drenching stands for the administration of liquids or medicines to farm animals such as sheep, pigs or small ruminants – during electrolytic treatment for example. The mouthpiece of a drencher is made of metal to withstand the animals’ chewing movements. Furthermore, they can be used in combination with a suitable catheter to perform uterine irrigations.
The automatic self-filling drenchers are particularly handy: they are equipped with an automatic self-filling syringe and back canister, which makes it easy to supply larger animal stocks with medication. The filling can be adjusted individually. The HSW Drench-Matic, for example is a self-filling drencher that includes a back canister with a capacity of 2.5 litres. The model allows for infinitely variable dosage and fatigue-free operation thanks to its ergonomic design.
As a manual drencher, we offer the drencher with a 400ml volume.
For use on Cattle
- Stand parallel next to the animal, at the height of its head.
- Clamp its head between your hip and elbow.
- Grasp the lower jaw with one hand and push the mouthpiece of the drencher from the side into the corner of the mouth, through the diastema and over the base of the tongue with the other.
- If you want to administer the medication directly into the abomasums and avoid the rumen, apply it in the cheek pouch or on the base of the tongue to trigger the oesophageal groove reflex.
- To administer the drugs to the rumen, place the drencher over the base of the tongue. Be careful to prevent an administration to the trachea.
In this category, you will find manual and self-filling drenchers to administer liquids at affordable prices. Do you have any questions regarding our products? Contact us – per telephone, e-mail or live chat.