DERMABOND mini Topical Skin Adhesive
DERMABOND mini from Ethicon is a sterile, liquid, external-use topical skin glue that replaces use of surgical suture, in some cases. DERMABOND mini can be used alone or as a supplement to absorbable suture placed inside a wound, but it does not replace intracutaneous or subcutaneous suture. Clinical studies have shown that after application, DERMABOND mini skin adhesive acts as a shield against microbe penetration into healing tissue.
Product Details for DERMABOND Skin Adhesive
- Topical skin glue from Ethicon
- Made from a monomer (2-octyl cyanoacrylate)
- Colour: purple
- Slightly thicker than water on the skin
- Polymerises within 2.5 minutes
- Curing time: 45-90 seconds
- Microbial barrier
- No changing of dressings
- Water-tight, patient can still shower
- Easy and quick application
- Safe adaptation of wound edges
- 1 pack contains 12x 0.36 ml vials
Product Usage Notes for DERMABOND Skin Adhesive:
- Meant only for external use
- Adapted wound edges from surgical incisions
- Punctures from minimally invasive surgery
- Simple, thoroughly cleansed traumatic lacerations
- Not a substitute for intra- or subcutaneous sutures!
To reduce the tension at the edges of the wound, the deep layers of the skin or the subcutaneous tissue can be sutured before applying DERMABOND mini topical skin adhesive.
5 of 5 Stars
5 Stars (3)